The Real Taste of Sicily. Culture, History, Food & Wine
Travel from west to east and from north to south. On a tour around Sicily starting from Palermo, Taormina or Catania with a private Guide Driver. Further visit the highlights and culture of the island. In addition to the local culture. Finally the delicious cuisine and first-class wines.
It boasts a huge variety of excellent wines. Certainly ancient cellars and vineyards. In addition to superb traditional dishes.
The beautiful island of Sicily is poised between Europe and Africa. Further it has also seen many invaders. Nearly all of whom have left their mark in art in addition to a unique architecture. Certainly it is also a land of myth and enigma. Pagan below the Catholic surface. Furthermore troubled by the shadow of the Mafia.
The island is full of archeological wonders. In addition to splendid Baroque cities and ancient traditions. Furthermore its culture makes this destination a special place.
Fully customizable Tour Examples
TOUR STARTING FROM PALERMO
– During a Walking Tour you’ll admire the rich heritage and the culture of PALERMO. The beautiful sights, architecture and the typical street markets are hidden in the old part of town. Night in Palermo.
– Visit the medieval town of ERICE with its stunning views. Its quaint cobblestone streets have their own unique appeal. Continue to SEGESTA, temple and Theater are is embedded within a wonderful landscape. Night in Palermo.
– The day starts with the former fishermen’s village CEFALÙ. A resort town beautifully located on the north coast. In conclusion lunch will be at a Agriturismo (Farm Restaurant) inside the chanting area of the national Madonie park. Night in Palermo.
– Drive to PIAZZA ARMERINA to visit the ROMAN VILLA, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is certainly among the most luxurious of its kind. Especially noteworthy for the richness and the excellent quality of the mosaics which decorate almost every room. Night in Catania.
– Departure for SYRACUSE, the city of Archimedes. Visit Neapolis Archaeological Park, the Roman Amphitheater and the “Ear of Dionysus,”. Then, admire its old quarter, located on the island of ORTYGIA. Finally in the afternoon we’ll drive to the baroque town of NOTO which represents for the colors of the stone and architectural features, a southern twist on this impressive scenic style. Night in Catania.
– Drive up till 6500 feet on Mt.ETNA, the biggest and most active volcano of Europe. Walk the nearby Silvestri Craters and the varied layers of lava which have solidified over the centuries. Continue to TAORMINA, the pearl of the Ionian Sea. Enjoy a walk in little the streets of the old town and visit the famous ancient Greek theater. Night in Catania.
TOUR STARTING FROM CATANIA
– Departure for SYRACUSE, the city of Archimedes. This beautiful city has been built on Roman and Greek foundations. Its architecture echo’s the great art of the Renaissance and Baroque era. Finally in the afternoon we’ll drive to the baroque town of NOTO. It represents, for the colors of the stone and architectural features, a southern twist on this impressive scenic style. Night in Catania.
– Drive up till 6500 feet on Mt.ETNA. The biggest and most active volcano of Europe. It frequently spews fiery-red lava into the older flows that enrich the black, fertile soil around Catania. Continue to TAORMINA, the pearl of the Ionian Sea. During a panoramic tour of the town, walk the streets of the old part and visit the famous ancient Greek theater. Night in Catania.
– Drive to PIAZZA ARMERINA to visit the ROMAN VILLA. It is certainly among the most luxurious of its kind. The mosaics include a long hunting scene and the famous sporting “bikini girls”. In addition to many classical and geometrical examples. Continue to AGRIGENTO for the Valley of Temples. Here you’ll see the Temple of Juno, with its excellent views of the entire valley. The Temple of Concordia is beautifully preserved. The oldest ruin is traditionally named the Temple of Hercules. Night in Agrigento.
– Visit the archeological area in SELINUNTE, considered among the most impressive in the Mediterranean. Taste local Olives and Olive Oil at a Organic Olive Farm. Continue to MONREALE, the Cathedral is the apotheosis of Norman architecture in Sicily. Night in Palermo
– PALERMO: The unmissable sites in this city are the astonishing buildings of the Norman kings. Visit the Arab Norman heritage of the capital on a 3 hour guided WALKING TOUR. Night in Palermo
- Guided tours inside the archeological areas and monuments.
- English speaking Guide Driver.
- Comfortable Transport by Top Class Mercedes Minivan.
- Admission fees.
- Meals & Beverages.